Providing Formative Feedback
If you are a reviewer, you may review the cells of a site participant's matrix at any time and offer formative feedback on
the work you find there. You may also return to a cell you have reviewed before, review any further work that has been done
there, and provide additional feedback. To review and provide feedback on a matrix, access the Matrices tool and follow these
- If the Matrices home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- Find the matrix you want to review and click its name. Sakai displays the Manage Matrix screen. The screen displays the matrix.
In the upper left corner of the screen, a dropdown list is displayed.
- Use the dropdown list to select the name of the person whose matrix you want.
- Click Go. Sakai displays a read-only copy of the matrix for the user you specified. Icons in a cell indicate that the user
has attached material to it. The background color of a cell indicates its status.
- To review the contents of a cell, click on it. Sakai displays the cell.
- To review an attached item, click its name.
- To enter feedback on the work in this cell, click the Add Feedback link in the "Feedback" section. Sakai displays a screen
that contains a feedback form.
- Enter comments in the Comments box, and then add a title for your feedback (required) and, if desired, a description.
- Under "Access," click a radio button to specify whether the feedback is for public display, for display only to site members,
- To add your feedback, click Add. Sakai displays the contents of the cell again. The title of your feedback is shown in the
Feedback section of the screen.
- To return to the matrix display, click Back to the Matrix.