Exporting and Importing a Glossary
If you own more than one site, you may want to use the same glossary in two or more of them. To do so, first export the glossary
to your desktop as a compressed file first and then import it to the other site(s) where you plan to use it.
Exporting a Glossary
To export a glossary as a compressed file, access the Glossary tool on the appropriate site and follow these steps:
- If you do not see the Glossary menu bar, click the Reset button.
- Click the Export link on the menu bar. Sakai displays the Opening File window.
- Follow the instructions.
Importing a Glossary
To import a compressed glossary file, access the site to which you want to import it and follow these steps:
- Add the file to Resources.
- Access the Glossary tool. If you do not see the Glossary menu bar, click the Reset button.
- Click the Import link on the menu bar. Sakai displays the Import Glossary Terms screen.
- Click the Select file... link. Sakai displays the Select Item screen
- Select the compressed file for the glossary.
- Under "When a term being imported exists," click to indicate whether you want the system to use the term being imported or
ignore that term and use the existing term instead.
- To import the file, click Import. Sakai imports the file, adds the terms to the glossary, and displays the Glossary home page.
Or, to return to the home page without importing the file, click Cancel.