Design your own Portfolio
After you have completed the steps in "Creating a Portfolio," above, Sakai displays the Step 2 of 3: Design screen.
You may return to the Step 1 screen from this screen at any time. To do so, click the Back button near the bottom of the screen.
To proceed, follow these steps:
- Begin to create a page in the portfolio by clicking the Add Page link. Sakai displays the Add Page screen. Using this screen,
you specify the title, the look and feel, and the content of a page of the portfolio. The screen contains two sections: Page
Information and Page Content.
- A right-facing arrow in the header for either section indicates that the section is closed. To open it so you can see the
boxes in that section, click the arrow.
- A down-facing arrow in the header for either section indicates that the section is open (that is, its boxes are displayed).
To close it, click the arrow.
- In the Page Information section, enter a title for the portfolio page in the Title box. The Title entry is required.
- If desired, enter a description of the page in the Description box and enter keywords in the Keywords box.
- Click Select Layout link. Sakai displays a list of layouts.
- Select a layout by following the instructions. After you have selected a layout, Sakai displays the Add Page screen again.
The name of the layout you have chosen is displayed in the Layout box, and a preview of this layout is displayed below the
- To use your institution's default style for fonts, colors, and graphics, leave the Style box blank. To select another style
for this portfolio, click the Select Style link. Sakai displays a list of styles for you to choose from.
- To select a style for this portfolio, follow the instructions. After you have made your selection, Sakai displays the Add
Page screen again. The name of your chosen style is displayed in the Style box. This style applies to the entire portfolio,
unless you select another style for one or more specific pages.
- If the Page Content section is closed, click the arrow in the section header to open it. Sakai displays boxes for the layout
you have chosen.
- Enter text for each part of the layout via the rich text editor. Use the icons and pulldown lists to format the text as appropriate.
To add blocks of text in sequence, click the Add Row button. Sakai displays a box. Choose among these options:
- To add a chunk of text, enter it in the box. You may copy and paste test from another source or key it directly into the box.
Although each box is small, you may enter as much text as you need there.
- To remove a text box, click the Remove Row button.
- To add the next chunk of text, click Add Row again.
- To add this page to your portfolio, click Add Page. Sakai displays the Step 2 of 3: Design screen again. The screen now shows
an icon for the page you have added.
- To add another page, repeat steps 1 - 10.
- To include links that allow users to move from page to page within the portfolio, check the Page Navigation box.
- After finishing your work, choose one of these options:
- To save your work and exit, click Finish. Sakai displays the Portfolios home page, and the name of this portfolio is displayed
in the portfolio list. You may return at any time to work on it.
- To publish this portfolio, click Continue. Sakai displays the Step 3 of 3: Publish screen. Its fields are identical to those
of the Select Audience screen. Proceed as instructed in "Publishing a Portfolio" beginning with step 3.
- To exit without saving your work on this portfolio, click Cancel. Sakai displays the Portfolios home page.